"Like so many educators, I’ve searched a long time for a way to improve critical thinking without sacrificing the content I need to cover. The Critical Thinking Initiative not only integrates easily, it improves my students’ engagement of the course material, and it has changed the writing outcomes entirely. I really can’t recommend it enough."
Andy Gurmankin Levy, Ph.D.
Middlesex Community College
- Henard, F. (2009). Learning our lesson: Review of quality teaching in higher education. OECD Higher Education Programme IMHE, 1-82.
- Struyven, K., Dochy, F., & Janssens, S. (2003). Students’ perceptions about new modes of assessment in higher education: A review. In Optimizing new modes of assessment: In search of qualities and standards (pp. 171-223). Springer Netherlands.
- Nicholas, M. & Raider-Roth, M. (2011). Approaches used by faculty to assess critical thinking: Implications for general education. American Society for Healthcare Engineering Conference.
- Strang, T. (2014). The importance of teaching critical thinking. Cengage. https://blog.cengage.com/importance-teaching-critical-thinking/
- Melzer, D. (2014). Assignments across the curriculum: A national study of college writing. Utah: Utah State University Press.
- Caine, R.N. & Caine, G. (2011). Natural Learning for a Connect World. New York: Teacher's College Press.